Jotun A – Riser Removal – 2020
Vår Energi - Jotun A 2020-2024
- Method Inshore LDC Diving
- Installation FPSO Jotun A
As part of the Balder Future Project, SubseaPartner AS carried out diving operations on the Jotun “A” FPSO and removed the previously cut flexible riser & chain remnants prior to docking at Rosenberg.
The work was carried out in Åmøyfjorden in June 2020 during the transit of Jotun “A” to dock. Diving was carried out from two dive stations, each working 2 x 12-hour shifts.
Diving operation consisted of:
– Cleaning and Preparation of Cut Locations on Risers and chains.
– Cutting of 12 x 30-40m chain sections using diamond wire cutting saws.
– Cutting and recovery of 13 x 11-14m flexible riser sections using magazine diamond wire cutting saws.